N7 Pastry Cook
N7 located at Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga is currently hiring for a Pastry Cook.
Pastry Cook will efficiently and consistently produce the highest quality menu items. Take full ownership for the daily preparation and execution of food items in their station. Pastry cooks follow recipes, procedures and presentation standards consistently to ensure the best possible product is produced and executed. Pastry Cooks are team players that assist one another and work with the service team to exceed our guests' expectations and to provide them with nothing less than extraordinary dining experiences.
Previous experience preferred.
- Ensures quality by properly rotating perishable and nonperishable products.
- Helps maintain food cost by limiting kitchen waste and through the efficient use of all products.
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepares all food items consistently and as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Consistently follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Performs regular line checks.
- Observes and tests food to determine if cooked properly.
- Regulates temperature of oven, broilers, grill, fryer or other equipment necessary to perform job.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Must maintain a clean, sanitary and organized work environment.
- Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Substitutes for or assists other cooks during rush periods or as needed.
- Communicates any product or other issues to Chef and team immediately.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef at any time.
- Ability to execute professional cooking and service standards.
- Proficient knife handling and sharpening skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Previous prep or line cook experience.
- Basic English language and professional communications skills are required.
- Requires attention to detail in completing tasks.
- Ability to actively listen- giving full attention, understanding, asking questions as appropriate.
- Ability to accept feedback and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to take direction and to work in a team environment.
- Must have problem solving abilities, time management skills and be self-motivated.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Ability to physically handle knives and other sharp, heavy or potentially dangerous items.
- Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with cutting boards, 3 to 4 feet in height.
- Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery to include slicers, ovens, stoves, grinders, mixers, and other kitchen related equipment.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing, walking and climbing stairs with food items and dishes.
- Regular environmental exposures to very cold (-32 degrees) and heat (+90 degrees) and water.
- Regular exposure to conditions that could lead to minor injuries such as cuts and burns.
- Must be able to work efficiently in a limited space.
Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
N7 Employment Application Instructions:
- Download and save the blank N7 Employment Application to your computer.
- Fill out application and save it adding your name to the end of the file name.
- Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org.